Friday 1 January 2021

Fun...with Belinda Spencer

 Happy new year Scrapping Clearly fans!!

It's Belinda here today to share my very first project for the new year. I have created a 'fun' layout inspired by the January Mood Board using lots of awesome product from the Scrapping Clearly store.

'FUN'


Here's a peek at the mood board:
Aren't those reds just gorgeous?!!

I started my layout by adding some stencilling to my Marshmallow background using one of the Vicki Boutin Storyteller Radiate stencils with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Aged Mahogany and Barn Door. I blended the inks through the stencil using an ink blending tool and then flicked some water over the page using my fingertips. Once dry. I flicked over some Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Primrose.


Next I used an extra piece of marshmallow card stock and coloured it with Distress Inks. I swiped Distress Inks in, Aged Mahogany, Barn Door and Victorian Velvet over my heat resistant craft sheet, spritzed with water and then dragged the card stock piece through the inks. I dried it with a heat gun and then repeated until I was happy with the look. I flicked water over this piece too, let it sit for a moment and then blotted away the water using paper towel. Once it was dry again, I stamped two butterflies on it using the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Specimens stamp set and Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink.


I fussy cut the stamped butterflies, some stars from the Vicki Boutin Let's Wander Chasing Stars patterned paper and cropped some matching papers to layer and sit my photo on. I used patterned papers from the Vicki Boutin Storyteller range including Plot, Mosaic and Assemblage. The papers look a little purple in my photos but are actually more red in real life. Blame the photographer!!


Next I added some scratchy lines around the stars using a black Uni Posca Pen and some stamping using the Carpe Diem Make It Happen Roller Stamp and the Jet Black ink. I added my photo and a couple of chipboard stickers from the American Crafts Thickers Tell Your Story and Wildflower sets. I painted a ScrapFX chipboard piece with white gesso and when dry added a fussy cut quote from the Vicki Boutin Storyteller Plot patterned paper. 


I used a Heidi Swapp Wood Veneer word for the title. It was covered in hot pink glitter but anyone that knows me knows I hate glitter so I carefully sanded it off. In the sanding process I got a little too vigorous (angry about the glitter! LOL) and broke the word. If you try this for yourself, I highly recommend sanding very carefully and lightly so as not to break your wood veneer. I then painted the word with some of the Primrose Color Shine and let dry before adding to my layout.





Thank you for stopping by the blog on this brand new day in a brand new year. Let's hope this year is better than last year!!

Cheers
Belinda


No comments:

Post a Comment