Saturday 9 January 2021

liberate - by tracey thorne

 Welcome to another fabulous weekend of creativity over here on the blog. I have had another play with the January moodboard as I loved the warmth they added to my photo. 

I started with a base of 12x12 white cardstock and added one of the  TCW stencil and some Liquitex light modelling paste. After this dried I added colour by using a range of Neo colour crayons, Prima pencils , Faber Castell water colour pencil and a black ALLS pencil.

I have used a Darkroom Door stamp - Abstract with Ranger Archival Ink to add more depth and join up the visual line running down the page. I have then worked out photo placement and stitched a black border before creating the layers for the photo.


I chose an acetate paper by American Crafts - Box of Crayons to layer the photo on and then have used Heidi Swapp Honey & Spice range to embellishment the photo... the rose gold keeps in with those lovely pink tones of the moodboard. Almost forgot the lush Magenta Washi tape from Dina Wakley.

 

I have cut some butterflies from a piece of Maggie Holmes Bloom cardstock to help embellish the page. I have also added some pale pink bling and a few rose gold sequins. I have used a Kaisercraft stamp - paint splatters with some black ink to help blend parts of the colours back into the background. I have used my Silhouette to cut my title and I have used the Faber Castell Brush Pen to colour and then used Glossy Accents to gloss up my title.




I wanted to add a little more depth of colour to the page so I have made up some Lindy's Flat Magicals in Wild Rose Rouge and used it around the outer edges of the stencil.


Thanks for popping in and have a fabulous day!

Tracey


No comments:

Post a Comment