Sunday 24 January 2021

1 Stamp 4 Colours Art Journal plus Video with Emma.

Hello!
Emma with you all today to share a very quick and colourful Art Journal page. 

I took one of the sheets out of my Art by Marlene journal and prepped it with some clear Gesso. For the colour on the page, I added a little water to create a watercolour effect. Choosing to use some IZINK dye sprays to now add colour. The first colour I used was sea spray, second was Sunflower which also helped create a little green colour and lastly Antique Pearl to create a shimmer.

Just a couple of loose circles was the start to the composition. You can see it all come to life in the video linked at the bottom of this post.

Next came the stamp. Using the AALL & CREATE #323 Navigate Home set, I went for the toucan & wheel stamp. The great thing about these stamps is they have numbers and words, so you can use them in all sorts of ways. To add one more colour to the mix, my 4th colour was made with an orange stamp pad that I had in my stash. This just tied it all together. And made sure it only grabbed 'pops' of the stamp including the numbers. I did the same with some yellow.

Then with the same stamp I stamped it on a sheet of white cardstock. Coloured it in with some markers and fussy cut it out. This becomes the dimensional layer on the page. Using a fine tipped pen I loosely scribbled around the circles and the border.

Finally a couple of Tim Holtz stickers and a little more flicking of the sea spray dye and this little project was now all complete.

Enjoy the process Video..

I hope you get some crafting time this lovely Sunday and I will see you all again soon.

Em xx


No comments:

Post a Comment