Saturday 16 January 2021

Beach Walks by Tracey Thorne

Welcome to the weekend creative friends.

I have a lot of photos that I need to scrap of my kids at the beach. They are all grown up now but the box of photos is still quite full - lots of little moments of wonder and those moments of just togetherness.

I have created the 12 x 12 layout on a base of white cardstock - it is from my pile of pre-inked pages that I have ready to create on. This one had Dylusions ink - London Blue & Calypso Teal on it. To this I have added some Lindy's products - Magical Delphinium Turquoise and Black Forest Black. I worked these two colours across the page. I have added some Dina Wakley & AALL & Create #11 Mother Nature Washi Tapes and then sewn a black border around the outer edge of the layout.


I layered the photo on Heidi Swapp Wolf Pack spotted using both sides of the paper. I have used watercolours on two tags to add more depth to the page. I have stamped using AALL & Create #387 Steampunk Alchemist and created the little bracket at the base of the photo.

 

I gave the page a little lift by adding some silver Minc'd highlights. This was done by using Heidi Swapp Minc Texture paste and a Dina Wakley stencil Wheels . I used the Minc on setting 3. I had a little bleed through of the texture paste at the top of the page - but I love how it adds texture.  

 


I have stamped using black ink and Kaisercraft stamp Paint Splatter Texture. I have also used some Tim Holtz Rub-ons to the left of the photo. The title was created using foam Thickers

  
 
I have really enjoyed breaking out the watercolours on this layout and adding the little touch of silver with the Minc.








Enjoy your weekend and happy creating
 
Tracey











1 comment: