Friday 25 August 2017

Finding Happy Joy in Scrapbooking

Howdy Bloggers, Lisa here with a Friday Mixed Media update .
I've been scrapping , just a couple of layouts here and there, but I scrapped !
Happy ,Happy ,Joy, Joy !!!!!!!!
Today I am sharing with you a quick fun layout that I created at a recent retreat 
and that will hopefully inspire you to revisit your own scrap supplies this weekend.
I absolutely love this photo of my table buddies, taken at Flutterbys -Create by the Lake retreat,
 and couldn't really wait to get it onto a layout . Thanks Peg for printing photos for me .x
I started simple with a colourful bright background of gorgeous
acrylic paint on Marshmellow cardstock,and once the paint was 
applied ,using a baby wipe ,I smeared it through a rad Joggles stencil and 
moved the colour across the page(such a fun technique).
After ample drying time ,I then added some texture into the background,
 with 2 types of tissue papers- the purple/pink is Jane Davenport,
 Plasterers Tape and a Heidi Swapp Glitter Frame
A  little staz on background stamping with this awesome Art Stamp
and stencil detailing with a Fude Ball pen
 And the basic elements are set and ready,
all I need to add is my photo on black matt cardstock,
the essential journaling to tell the story,
Title and embellishments courtesy of Kinder Kreations Felt Flairs,
Chipboard butterflies and small words. One Flutterbys flair and this baby is done .

Thanks for dropping by the SC blog 
 I'll be back next week with a Friday MM update .
Lisa xx

4 comments:

  1. Love you vibrant use of colour, you rock. And I think I need that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome page Lisa!! I love the bright colours and the use of unexpected embellishments (like the glitter frame) that work so well with the page :)

    ReplyDelete