Friday 11 August 2017

Creating Faces using Washi Tape


Howdy Bloggers , Lisa here with a Friday ,, mixed media update .
I've been road tripping down south , getting arty in the beautiful state of Victoria, 
with artisans from all over the country., in one incredible venue.
A big reason I love to road trip is the half way point for me is Gundagai . 
Home of the Dog on the Tucker Box,the Tout family and
 the Headquarters of the amazing Scrapping Clearly, 
an essential stop for artist of all genres.
 back to the theme of this post ....
ohhhhhhh , creating faces with ease using the super fun Jane Davenport Washi tape
I stared with a piece of glorious water colour paper for the background and created the layers using acrylic paint and a brayer on a Gel Press . Oh my lordie , these are super fun to use..
 put some paint on the press, brayer it over the surface and take a print using any surface, papers, card, material etc. I selected this background, as it was my least favorite from a recent gel press session(knowing that I was going to cover a fair bit of it).
 When the surface was dry I placed strips of Janes Facial washi tape on to the page,
 and roughly drew a head shape.
 I got out some face tones and painted in her face 
 Added a few more layers of acrylic paint 
 Her mouth was a little small , so using my prismacolour pencils 
 (I know Kylie has these, as I saw them on the wall),
I extended her mouth a little. Plus I also took a little time to balance her eyes.
 A few dramatic lines through her hair ,using pencils 
 Then out comes my new Kinder Kreations Mandala...swoooon,
 You will probably see it on everything over the next few weeks.. 
 It works perfectly with this new Bo Bunny Glitter paste....
  ohhh this stuff is awesome
Dries quick considering it has the kindy glitz look to it on application..
 but swoon at the dried results and the colour selection is fantastic.
Thanks for pointing me to this stuff Kylie.. I absolutely love it .!!!!!!
 After drying , I added a few more details to the piece with a white sharpie paint pen 
and a black Fude ball pen. I'm happy with this fun result .

Thanks for dropping by the SC blog . 
Ill be back next week for a SC Friday Mixed Media update .
But now, I am sending put creative energy to help your mojo flow .
 Have an awesome weekend .

Lisa  xxx



2 comments:

  1. Love, Love! You are so clever and inspiring!
    How cool are those tapes too?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg!!! Love this Lisa! Now I need those washi tapes and the Bo Bunny paste!!!!

    ReplyDelete