Saturday 5 August 2017

First Cuddle with Melinda

Hello there and welcome to the ScrappingClearly blog this lovely (may I add COLD!!) Saturday! It's Melinda here with you sharing my latest project and something a little different to what you are probably use to me sharing!

I'll start off by saying I was incredibly inspired to create after watching one of my all time favourite scrappers, Shimelle Laine, aka Glitter Girl and thought that I would do something a little different for me! What better way to create a Shimelle inspired page than using a Shimelle collection?! So, of course, I pulled out my Starshine collection (which is on sale in the store RIGHT NOW!) and got cutting and sticking pretty paper!!


Can you see that?! The only thing that could be remotely considered mixed media is my splatters!! I had so much fun putting this together and trying something different to me right now! I suppose too, I DID ink all the edges of all the papers and the ephemera and cut apart pieces with some distress ink so maybe that counts too!

I think the title and journalling explains everything about this photo - this was my very first cuddle with my most adorable new nephew in May, a few short hours after he entered the world!


I have used a 4" strip of patterned paper across the top of my page and under that a branding strip (the blue stars) and under that some of that gorgeous shaped washi! And some white machine stitching for interest. 

I've also used some of the cut apart pieces - both from the 6x6 paper pad and the 12x12 paper pad, some ephemera, a flair badge, acrylic pieces, chipboard and clear stickers. Oh and also some label and quote stickers from the small sticker sheet.


I really love how quickly and easily this came together. Using one collection makes the "job" of co-ordination so much easier!

I really wanted to use that long quote from the 12x12 cut apart paper so started a small and simple cluster down the bottom with that and a chippy piece. I finished that off with a clear sticker, some white machine stitching and a stamp.


And one final close up of that cluster next to the photo and journalling! I love how I layered all of those pieces, they just fit so nicely together!


I do have a process video available for this page as well, just click on the play button below and you can watch wherever you are reading this! Also, remember to subscribe to the channel so you know whenever new videos are uploaded!


Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope I have inspired you to create with whatever else is inspiring you right now!

Until next time,

Melinda

Products Used:
Starshine 12x12 Paper - Galileo (background paper)
Starshine 12x12 Paper - Spitzer
Starshine 12x12 Paper - Astro (branding strip only)
Starshine 12x12 Paper - Hubble
Starshine 12x12 Paper - Horizon
Starshine 12x12 Paper Pad - cut apart sheets
Starshine Washi
Starshine Chipboard Stickers
Starshine Clear Stickers
Colour Blast - Colour Spray - Road Base



No comments:

Post a Comment