Monday 21 August 2017

Art Journal Fun by Lauren Hender

Hello Everyone.
Welcome back to the Scrapping Clearly blog.
Today I am sharing with you a mixed media piece I created in my art journal.
I don't often create in my journal but when I do a just love it. To be honest I get a little nervous about making it all come together. But in the end I am always pleasantly surprised by the end result.



The journal I create in is the Dylusions Creative Journal.
These journals have high quality artist pages allowing you to add mediums and texture to you pages without transfer.


To build this layout I began by adding some tissue paper to the background and some fussy cut butterflys to add some texture. I then painted over them with white gesso, and dried it off with a heat gun.


I then had some fun spraying, spritzing and flicking Dylusions everywhere and letting it run down the page.



Then using some stamps and some black staz on ink I play around adding some stronger stamps in the centre and highlighting butterflys throughout. This is truly the fun part and my advice is not to over think it.. just stamp.


I then stamped and fussy cut some smaller butterfly's and using the new Dina Wakely scribble sticks I coloured the butterflys. I then played around with some washi tape and finished off with adding the title and splashing white ink everywhere.


Lets go shopping:


Have a fabulous and creative week.
Lauren xo

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet beautiful piece. Art that reflects the person. You should art journal more

    ReplyDelete