Friday 4 August 2017

One colourful arty update

Howdy Bloggers , Lisa Here with a Friday mixed media update .
A little late , but here and ready to share a little piece I have just finished working on.
Using some super cool stash, I threw together this Dreamcatcher.
A recurring them yes, but at this time , when my girl has just departed to chase her dream , 
this is a poignant tribute to her incredible moxy .
Using one of the awesome Hessian pages within the Dina Wakley Media Journal
 I gesso's the background with some Liquitex Gesso.
While I waited for this to dry,I painted a few strips of colourful pages,
using the fabulous Prima Art Alchemy Impasto Paint,Ahhhh  oh so lush.
Placing 2 precut circles onto the page and adhering them with some glue, I screened a floral stencil with Lipstick Colourblast texture paste within the circle to add colour and interest .
When my painted pages where dry, I stamped out a few feathers in various colours and sizes.
I edged them in black ink. My preference is Staz on.
I finished with a few foam stars inked in Blue Hawaii Staz On
plus a few little doodles and words around the circle with a fudeball pen.
 Currently I am in Melbourne with Peg at a retreat in a beautiful picturesque place, just outside the Yarra Valley . Any roadtrip to Melbourne includes the essential trip to the Scrapping Clearly HeadQuarters in Gundi. This shop is such an incredible space of inspiration,
stocked to the rafters with gorgeous lush colourful creative goodness . 
Truly a wonderful pit stop spot, a must for any paper artist.
 Thanks so much for dropping by the SC blog today .
I'll be back next week , with another MM update .
Have a super creative weekend .

Lisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment