Monday 28 August 2017

Happy Birthday To Me :-)

Good Morning Arty Peeps!
Welcome again to the Scrapping Clearly Blog.
Today is my birthday and I have just spent the weekend
hanging out with my two favourite girls
who live a day's drive away.
If I ever win lotto I'm moving closer!
I did this layout to celebrate our friendship.


Here are the details.
I had these two backgrounds already made.
My art room works like a production line when I have new products, this time it was a Gel Press
and my Distress Oxide ink pads on heavy weight card. I made about a dozen of these
so thought I might use up two on the one page by cutting one into circles.


After inking the edges of the circles I stuck them down around my page,
trimmed the edges by 1/4" on each side and matted the whole thing
on black card (being sure to cut out the middle first to mat my photo).


I wanted to use the dreamcatcher sticker from this sheet but it was a little clean,
so I added some matching Distress Oxide colours to it too. I love these acetate words from Heidi Swapp,
I inked the edges with an alcohol marker to make them stand out a bit more,
and used 2 on my page, attaching them with staples coloured with Stazon ink.
Dymo filled in the gaps, of course.


 The only other things I added were the super cute banner,
It's all held together with double-sided tape and staples.

So quick and easy with ready-made backgrounds!

There are just a few more days to get your entries in for our challenges this month, store credit for the winners.
Load your work into these FB folders in our group.
Sketch    Moodboard

Thanks so much for coming by,
happy creating,



11 comments:

  1. Peg, I LOVE your background paper, it's beautiful!! I would love to learn how to do this, do you have a video on h
    ow to do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn. I don't have a video, have yet to master that Avenue of social media. Are you going to Gundagai Scraptacular? I could give you a demo there.

      Delete
  2. This is AWESOME. I love the combo oxide background. You are the master or mistress..depending on the room.haha.😉
    Happy Birthday to YOU. So fab to hang with you last weekend. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 💙💚💛
      Last weekend was just what I needed, so good!

      Delete
  3. Just one word.....Awesomeness!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peg, this background is fabulous!! I also love Distress oxides - such unique effects every time!! Happy birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend, you are uber talented - love ya xxxxx this is amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend, you are uber talented - love ya xxxxx this is amazing xx

    ReplyDelete