Thursday 5 April 2018

A Couple of Multi Photo Layouts by Peg

Hello Arty Peeps.

Life has been so full at my place lately that there has been precious little time or motivation for scrapping. Unfortunately, that doesn't stop the need to get stories in albums, but it does make the process so much more difficult, don't you think?

In an effort to simplify the job I decided to pull out a few things that were the last of a range. I always feel better when I can finish a paper range I have or a pack of something. The sense of completion combined with the anticipation of using something new is a heady mix.

This time it was the fabulous Teresa Collins Something Wonderful range.
I have loved this range so much for its versatility, it is so easy to use for simple pages that look more complex.


I used this paper for my base, this paper for my cards, and matching washi tape to add some energy to my page.
I also had some of the Pink Paislee Fancy Free range left over so I used this paper, added a punched border and some black cardstock, to mat my photos.
My title was done with a Pink Paislee acetate alpha, I added a few enamel shapes (hearts), and stapled things on with my Tim Holtz tiny attacher.

I also used this paper from the Pink Paislee Fancy Free range to start this page.
The other half of this paper became a strip down the middle which I edged using some Hambly transparency, stapled on with my Tim Holtz tiny attacher again.


I was at a loss with how to finish it after adding my typed and dated journal spot so, deciding that it needed more interest in the background, I reached for my Ranger Archival ink pads and some little Heidi Swapp stencils. I added some stamping too with these adorable stamps, and some wood veneer coloured black, both from Cocoa Vanilla Studios. Some star sequins and a cute paper clip finished it off.

This page started to take shape once I'd punched out the edge and mounted it with a black border. I could see exactly what was needed once it was 'framed'. Does this ever happen to you? You're stumped until it's framed?
As a side note, I always save the middle out of the black cardstock backing,
it's handy for matting photos, which I almost always do.

Thanks for coming by,
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments.
Til next time,
stay arty,


1 comment:

  1. Love love, thanks for reminding me to use up my ranges!

    ReplyDelete