Monday 9 April 2018

Rainbow Love Layout by Leonie Neal-Dawson


Hello'
Leonie with you today on the Scrapping Clearly blog
sharing my take on the April combined challenge.
Have you seen it yet? 
You can add your own take on this challenge in our Facebook group.
There are so many prompts you could choose from, I see Autumn tones, camping/holiday themes,
rainbows, foliage and more.  


But it was that rainbow hot air balloon from the mood board that really drew me in.
I chose this background paper by Ella and Viv from their Graffiti collection.
It's such an awesome piece of paper that just makes me happy looking at it.  
There are others designed in a similar style in the Graffiti collection including some
really grungy ones perfect for male pages. 
I've got three photos on my page but I've followed the sketch fairly closely. 


Although this paper is all kinds of fabulous just by itself I wanted to add some of my own marks and decided to do this with a Dina Wakley Stencil and Liquitex Gesso. I thought the addition of white to the background, once repeated in my embellishments and Journalling, would help tie everything together. 
Here's what my background looked like once I'd finished making marks and altering it. 


I used Dina Wakley Blackberry paint to colour the Heidi Swapp wood veneer title.
I'm not a huge purple fan but this is sooo lush and was perfect to compliment these photos.
I added some more white marks to the title with a gel pen. 


The alphas are by Fancy Pants Designs and add some more white to my page. I figured there was quite enough colour on my page with the paper itself so, apart from the coloured sequins,
I tried to limit all other additions to my page to either white or black.


I fussy-cut several of these journal spots from a Hambly Screen Print Transparency and added some Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers to them. I really like these little stickers to add phrases and quotes to my pages. 


The last little section of my page is my journalling with a white gel pen, I recreated the jounalling spot from the sketch using Maggie Holmes washi tape, Staples, twine, Heidi Swapp stickers and another fussy-cut flourish from the Hambly Screen Print.  


I'm really happy with how this one turned out and the April mood board and sketch  certainly helped me put it all together easily. I hope you can play along with us this month,

cheers, and happy crafting to you.

Leonie Neal-Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment