Saturday 28 April 2018

Crazy Even In Emergency - with Melinda

Good morning and welcome to the blog for the first post of the weekend!
Do you have any scrappy plans?
I do, and I hope to be super productive!!

Anyway, I'm here today sharing my newest page created with the very fun Photo Play Boys Rule Collection. I am documenting an interesting story today of my boys being maniacs, even while we were in Accident & Emergency with my husband last July. The journalling sums up how well they coped and all in all what an awesome job they did in such a gloomy situation!


I was inspired by a couple of stickers in the collection and built my page starting with those...



And, I also created a process video which you can see here. Make sure you subscribe to the ScrappingClearly YT channel too, so you don't miss mine or any of the other DT's shares over there!

I've torn 3 pieces of patterned paper from the Collection Pack (Seeing Stars, My Boy and Smash Bang) and layered them on the right hand side of my white background paper and then added a coat of white gesso both over the bottom of the papers (where my photos were going) and onto the white cardstock.


Time, of course, for some messy fun! I started with a text stamp in black Archival ink and then used a dotty texture stamp with dark blue Archival ink.

Then more colour! Back again to my Distress Oxides. I was going to use LOTS of colours but then ended up using only Squeezed Lemonade and Spiced Marmalade and the packaging technique over where the gesso and stamping was.


I also added some splatters using the Faded Jeans Distress Oxide watered down as I felt the white half of the page needed some of that darker blue to balance the right side.


Once that was all dry I added all my stickers and some messy thread in both a dark blue and a bright lime green and I love how that brings all the colours together through the page. The black word stickers are from the Boys Fort Phrase Stickers sheets.


Lastly, my title using the Black Glitter Heidi Swapp chippy alphas paired with the fun Mini Alphas from Pink Fresh Studio's Boys Fort collection.


I have to document the actual story of the reason we were at the ER in the first place but am kinda stuck - it's one of those stories that I certainly feel like I want in our album but am unsure how to add it in. Have you shared one (or more) of those types of stories in your albums?
Tell me how? Please do share, I would love to hear!

Anyway, I shall leave you here with my last close up. I love the craziness and hectic feel of this page because, for so many reasons, that was exactly how those few hours felt! Oh, and just for the record, in case anyone is wondering, hubby's finger is almost completely healed and you wouldn't even know that he had a run with a table saw last July!!


Until next time, happy scrapping!

Melinda



1 comment: