Thursday 7 May 2020

May Moodboard Inspiration - With Karyn Schultz!

Hi Scrapping Clearly Lovelies!

It's Karyn here and today I have a page in my Art Journal that I created using lots of fun products available at Scrapping Clearly!


I'm playing along with the May moodboard challenge. We would love for you to join in with this challenge and be in the running to win a Scrapping Clearly store voucher. You have until May 31 and you need to upload your challenge here


I've used a calico page in my 8x10 Dina Wakley Media Journal. I find these pages a bit challenging because they react differently with paint. I started by adding a layer of clear gesso to the page. I used clear because I wanted the calico to still be a highlight of the page. Next I added a water wash of DWM Marine acrylic paint


I took a white DWM tag and some white cardstock and added  more DWM paints in Eggplant, Marine and Sky (colours from the moodboard). 


I stamped an Art-By-Marlene bird stamp onto some watercolour paper then painted using Prima Watercolor Confections Classics. Once the paint was dry I added some neon pencil highlights then fussy cut this bird to add to my page.


Here is my finished page. 


I've used some metal dies to cut shapes from the painted paper. I've matted the bird on the tag as well as some of the die-cuts.


I've added Tim Holtz small talk - snarky, word stickers as well as some mark making and doodling using Posca paint pens.  


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Crafty Hugs xx


No comments:

Post a Comment