Friday 22 May 2020

Art Journal Friday by Michelle Logan

Hi All! Are you ready for another Friday Art Journal page?
Today I played with one of my Funky Folk: Weird designs...I know shameless plug...but hey they are fun and super easy to incorporate as a focal point on a page.
So without further ado here it is:

"Perfectly Imperfect"



This was done in my Dina Wakley Mixed Media Journal on a page that was full of left over paint (which is usually how the fun starts) which makes it difficult for me to tell you how I did it as I don't know myself! But I do know there is a Dina Wakley stencil clean up or 2 in there!!!


I stamped with a background stamp by Scrap FX in various places using the ultramarine Stazon ink and then went about using the black circle shapes ( these are Black acrylic paint I painted on to DW collage Tissue from my paper stash) to direct the eye towards the funky Folk image.

I then added a few extra motifs from old stamps using Vibrant Fuchsia Archival Ink Pad on to my "Weirdo" as well as some extra washi I had lying around.


I then added a crown from the Dylusions Star Struck stamp Set and added a few pops of pink with a paint pen.
lastly it was time to add some splatters with the DW Gloss Sprays in Magenta and Lime, add the Title which is from the Scrap FX Collage sheet the Weirdo came from, and the page was done!

Products Used:
Scrap FX Stamps: "Alphabet Background"
Washi Tape
Archival Stamp Pad Vibrant Fuchsia
I hope you all get a little bit of time to play over the weekend and hope this inspires you just a little!
Till next week, 
Stay Safe everyone,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment