Monday 11 May 2020

The Green Lady

Morning Peeps

I hope you  had a lovely Mother's Day full of love and family.

Sorry I am a bit late this morning but I was finishing off my lady. I am still wondering if she needs something else but I will ponder on that for a bit and maybe add to her later.


You would have seen her in the raw at the cyber crop. I have been procrastinating about what colours to do her. Then this weeks challenge popped up and I went OH YEAH.


So the first thing you need to do after you have glued down all your bits and let it dry is cover with black or white gesso. I chose black for this project. Don't freak out and think you have wrecked it. LOL.


I ordered some of the new Dina Wakely acrylic spray paints this week so I took the lime green one for a test ride. I usually use Lindy's spray but I thought why not. Now I only use a spray to get into the hard spots under all the layers that you can't reach with a brush. Let it dry completely before adding any more colour.


These colours are wonderfully vivid. I added some of the lemon as well but forgot to take a photo.


I then started with the alchemy paints. I chose Fresh orange and Brass hardware to start to bring in some shadow.


I used emerald green and dark forest for my deep green tones.


I then added a couple of lighter shades of green to blend into the background.

I used about 3 shades of opal magic paints too next to add some contrast and extra shine.... green/gold, violet/green and blue/gold

I used the white pearl on her lips and lined with the emaeral green and also on her eyes.

I brought some of the pure sunshine in at the end to give more of the yellow gold tones as in the challenge picture.


Thank you for looking

Happy Creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment