Saturday 23 May 2020

Stay Positive - with a little blue

I am loving our pop up Challenges on a Friday and this weeks moodboard is amazing with its message and shades of blue in that amazing flower & butterfly. I hope you get the opportunity to create this weekend and tack this one on your go to for inspiration. I am a lover of the odd butterfly or two and decided butterflies and my boy would work perfect for this challenge.


Heidi Swapp Art Walk paper - Sea to Sky is the absolute perfect base to create on for this challenge... I started with white cardstock and then changed over to printed paper after I had started with paint and ink ... I will have to do another page no doubt. I started the page by spraying Heidi Swapp Colour Shine - Ocean & Teal where I was going to place the photo. I have then stamped out two stars using Viva Las Vegas stamps and Ranger ink. 



I positioned my photo to check on placement for the blue cogs. The next layer I added was some Liquitex modelling paste through TCW 6x6 stencil 454S . 


I tested the placement of my photo and drew a light pencil line around it and then sewed a black border over this. If you do not use or have a sewing machine a black pen suffices for similar effect you just lose a little of the texture. If you are wanting the texture you could drip black paint and let it dry naturally for a raised effect.


Once the border was in place the photo was added using foam tape.  I fussy cut the small butterflies from a piece of Maggie Holmes paper from the Bloom collection. I have also added a Kinder Kreations chippy word - everyday and black cotton for layering.  




 For a little more sparkle I added Heidi Swapp glittery arrow stickers. And a few more drops of the Heidi Swapp Teal colour shine.

 

The layout was finished off with a sewn black border. I am loving the blue and the butterflies for this one ... he has the best look on his face when I captured the photo too. 



 Thanks for popping in and having a look at the process for this awesome moodboard. I hope it has inspired you to create over this weekend. Don't forget if you give this challenge a crack to pop on over to our Facebook page - Scrappingclearly share & inspire to load up your entry in the relevant album. 


Have a great weekend peeps.
Tracey


No comments:

Post a Comment