Friday 29 May 2020

Art Journal Friday!

Hi all it's Michelle back at you with another Friday Art Journal spread in my Art by Marlene Journal.
So with out further ado here it is, I am calling this one

"She's the Queen...."


So how did this one come about? 
Well the background was a result of a play session where I "swiped" a lot of backgrounds at once.
 This is what I do when I have no idea what I want to create. I just mess with paint until something comes to me, as a result I have ready made backgrounds ready and waiting for me to finish off....in this way I rarely have a blank page to stare back at me when I have an idea!


So the page had a swipe of paint by Dina Wakley in the colours: Eggplant, Cheddar and Fuchsia. Then I added some stencilled squares using the Cheddar paint and one of the stencils out of the Dyalog Stencil set.


I then used white and the Gilt paint with the Modern Lace stencil, using the reduction method of wiping away with a baby wipe through the stencil. This pushed all the layers into the background so it calmed the chaos a little.



I then used the same technique with the Black paint though the  Infinite Lace stencil to form a halo around my main focal image. 
I stamped  Prima's Creating in Faith Stamp: Esther three times, 2 on Dina Wakleys' Plain collage paper and the main figure on plain white cardstock.


I used Matte Gel Medium to attach the collage paper images to the page making sure I added a fine layer of the medium over the top so I could add a bit of colour later. I then wanted to highlight the main focal image so I added the old doily from my stash around her head so she stood out from the other images.

 
Then I set about colouring the girls with Art by Marlene Water colour Paint set: "Whimsy & Bright" and an Artline Gold Metallic Pen. Then it was just a matter of adding a few scribbles on their faces to make them a little different from each other (and because I could not resist doing it) with a  Black fineline marker. Added some splatters around the page then the title from a transparency by Scrap FX....(I attached the transparency with the gilt paint to make the print stand out from the background.....acrylic paint can make a good glue! Then to make the transparency less shiny I added a fine layer of Matte Gel Medium.

And my page was done!

Products Used: 
The Crafters Workshop 6x6 Stencil: Infinite Lace & Modern Lace
Old Doily from my stash
Dina Wakley Acrylics: Fuschia, Gilt, Cheddar, Black & Eggplant.
Gel pens
Scrap FX Transparency
Black fineline pen

Hope you enjoyed my post and you get some time to play this weekend!
See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment