Thursday 21 July 2016

You are the reason I smile...Moodboard inspired layout by Tania

Hello again Scrappingclearly members, hope you are all flying along with your entries for our sketch and moodboard this month!!! How cool is that, 2 challenges per month now. It certainly helps having a challenge or two to inspire us DT girls each month. So here's the fab mood board again, in case you haven't seen it yet....

And here's my take on the board. No guesses here for which colour jumped out at me the most. But, if you look carefully, you will see that I was inspired by many elements of the board. The gold is obvious, the woodgrain,  you can see a hint of in my embellishments:


Once again I'm using a mix of Maggie Homes, Bloom and Dear Lizzy Happy Place collections. The gorgeous gold, foil vellum is Maggie Holmes, as is the washi tape sticker love heart. (I've mounted that onto some patterned paper to lift it off the page.)
The cute little wood dots and chipboard stickers are from the Teresa Collins, Life Emporium range! (Which are on special in the shop right now...yay!)


I am a fan of the American Crafts gold, foil thickers, love them! The little glitter dots are from my own stash, a great little $2 shop find.


For my background, I had run out of white cardstock, which is just not cool!! I go through it so fast, can't keep up. Here's me sitting in my chair thinking, what can I do. Well, hello, I have more patterned paper than you can poke a stick at, so I turned to a 12x12 pad of Heidi Swapp paper, which is only one sided, and chose a pattern that I have used before, and even though I cringed a little, I had a perfectly white background on the other side to work on! I'm sure I'm not the first person to do it!!!
So, I backed this onto a perfectly coloured piece of Maggie Holmes...My dear paper.
There's a Heidi Swapp tag on there, some twine from my stash and a doily, which you can never have enough of! I really wanted to keep this layout of my beautiful boy, clean and simple, so I typed my journaling on the computer and printed on copy paper, giving the edges a swipe with Distress ink for definition.
I hope I have inspired you to give the moodboard a whirl and come up with something. Don't forget, it doesn't have to be a scrapbook layout, you can make a card, or OTP project, Art Journal page, or even a tag, good practice for our new tag swap maybe!!! Have fun and upload your entry here with the link or over on our facebook community page!
Cheers, Tania

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful page Tania, loving the effect of the gold foiled vellum, so soft but glowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful page ... I'm really loving that vellum!

    ReplyDelete