Tuesday 5 July 2016

Heidi Swapp Marquee Love Chalkboard with Melinda

Hi there and welcome to the Scrappingclearly blog today!!

I have a fun OTP project to share with you all today using the gorgeous Heidi Swapp Marquee Love Chalkboard Heart available here in store.

When I opened up my box and saw this I was stuck! What am I going to do with this? It is so pretty already!! Swoon! That's about how my internal monologue went for a couple of weeks ;) And then, boom, inspiration hit me and I came up with this!


I am going to hang this on my craft room door and perhaps leave messages for my husband and children when I don't want to be disturbed while I'm tucked away in here ;) Or perhaps they could leave me little love notes ;) Haha!

Here are a couple of close ups


You can see here that I have layered up a flower from the Maggie Holmes Bloom ephemera pack and some of those totally gorgeous  butterflies I hand cut from the "Flutter" patterned paper.

I also added in some splatters from the ever reliable and so, so pretty Heidi Swapp Colour Shine in Gold.


This heart is actually a DIY job :D I adore the layered hearts that came out in this collection and never got my hands on any (apparently the rest of the population also loved them!!) so I made my own. It was a very simple process! I started with a big heart die that I cut out of plain white card stock. I grabbed some of the patterned papers from the Maggie Holmes Bloom 6x6 paper pad and also this one from a scrap (the pink B side) from a previous project. I've also layered in some of that oh so pretty gold printed vellum and a strip from the washi tape booklet. After it was all stuck down I took it to my sewing machine and used some gold thread to sew along most of the lines and I really love how this turned out!

Oh, and of course I used these gorgeous gold glitter foam thickers, again!!

And finally, a photo of this light up in all of its glory :)


That's it for me for today!

I hope you have a fabulous scrappy day! Make sure you stay tuned to the blog for more of the beautiful inspiration from the rest of the design team girls!

Melinda

1 comment:

  1. Must admit that I'm not really a marquee fan but this is a little bit awesome. What a fabulous idea to make a chalkboard of it!

    ReplyDelete