Friday 15 July 2016

The beauty is in the details

Get Inspired 
Howdy Folks,Lisa Here with a Friday mixed media blog update .
I am on a countdown to a few weeks holidays(internal yay) and
 2 up coming retreats in Melbourne and Tamworth.Woooohooo
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,winter in both these venues will be a little shock to my system ,
but as long as I have creative flow(and warm clothes),I will be a happy camper .
This week I've been just doodling in my journal after creating another large dreamcatcher canvas. .
Sometimes its nice to flow and grow your style by repeating themes, adding details and trying new ideas . Remember you journal is a practice place to play and learn.
I've been playing with the new Prima Watercolour Blocks, and they are super lush to work with .
I also used my caran d'ache neocolor ii set of crayons, but one could also use gelatos , in combination with Liquitex Gesso (thats Ges-so,-pronounced JES-so, NOT Guesso people )
 to help , lighten and whiten highlight areas.
After my pages were dry, I busted out the Posca Paint Pens , my rad fude ball ,
(the best free flowing permanent ink journal pen on the market) and some Prima watercolour pencils  , to add detail and definition to her face .
her hair and eyes.....
 And then finish off with a quote that I've found on the day of creation. 
This Quote, I found on a FB site called Inner Soul Journey. Asha gives a wonderful daily horoscope reading that is always informative and a great start to my day with positive words .
 As I give Love , I receive more and more.- Asha

Have a super weekend creative folk,May it be productive and free flowing .x

2 comments: