Wednesday 13 July 2016

Using The New Minc mediums - With Karyn!

Hi Scrapping Clearly Lovelies!!! 

It's Karyn here and today I'm showing you Week 11 for my "Schultz Family 2016" Project Life Album. I've mainly used the KaiserCraft #Me 12x12 collection kit and added lots of Minc foil goodness - all available at Scrapping Clearly
I've used my Minc and some of the fabulous new Minc mediums to "create foil magic" on my cards and some chipboard pieces. The great feature of the Minc mediums is that you dont need to use a laser printer! 

On my "week card" I've added splatters of the Minc reactive toner mist. The Minc mist is a lot thicker than Colorshine mists and took much longer to dry - you must let it completely dry before passing through the Minc else it wont stick properly, and you get a sticky mess! I also find that even when it seems dry (drying time of 6-10 hours) the medium spreads a little on your page when it passes through the machine - but that all adds to the effect.
I then painted the Minc reactive screen ink directly on to the chipboard. You might not have known this but the Minc works with chipboard as well as paper and cardstock!! Yes ... Winning!! The important thing here is to get good coverage and let it dry completely.
I also painted the Minc reactive screen ink directly on to paper - just covering a few of these patterns.
On other cards I've used the Minc reactive screen ink through a stencil. You could also use the Minc reactive paint.   
 This is a photo of the Minc stenciled card being revealed.
I used a heap of offcuts to cover the painted parts of this card. I dont throw anything out and are always thrifty with my suppplies. 
Here is some of the chipboard coming out of the Minc. I have a Minc Mini. It fits widths up to 6inches which is perfect for embellishments and cards. If you have the money and want to put a 12x12 page through the Minc then I would recommend the larger machine, but this is fine for me. I have also used a laminator (A4 size) and the results are OK but inferior to the Minc results. And I'm not sure how it could cope with the thickness of chipboard.
OK, so enough about the foiling process and on to my PL pages.
Here is a close up of the LHS. This week was Jessica's 8th birthday and we went to the zoo for the day. 
Here is the foiled result from using the stencil - the possibilities are endless with all the stencils I have in my collection.
I kept this card simple so I could highlight the photo and the gorgeous foiled chipboard. I made the flair with a stamp (KaiserCraft #Me) and my own flair machine.
This is the foiled result of my reactive mist splats - how fun is the look. You can see how the reactive medium speram spread in the machine.
Here is a close up of the RHS. 
Photographing foiled pages is very tricky. You need natural light else it just appears black in the photo. I take most of my close up pics of single cards outside where possible (is hard in winter time).
More foiled stencil yumminess!
Scrapping Clearly products I've used include

Becky Higgins - white project life cards 
Becky Higgins - grid project life cards 
KaiserCraft #Me 12x12 collection kit 
 KaiserCraft #me collectables 
KaiserCraft #me acrylic stamps 
Heidi Swapp Minc reactive screen ink 
Heidi Swapp Minc reactive toner mist 
Heidi Swapp Minc collection paint brushes 
Heidi Swapp minc reactive foil - mint  
Heidi Swapp minc reactive foil - gold 
Heidi Swapp Minc mini  
  
All of my photos have been printed on an Epson XP-600

Thanks so much for stopping by

Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so awesome you can do all that with a Minc! I almost want one!
    Love your pages, they look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the break down of the foiling! I love how it accent the pages with some shimmer! I love your pages also and how creative you are with your left overs. I too tend to keep everything! (Which is probably why I can't find anything!!! Lol)

    ReplyDelete