Friday 22 July 2016

The Prettiest Thing

Good Morning SC Peeps!
Peg here today to share some of my mixed media art, stepping in for Lisa while she is road trippin' down south to share her awesome artiness with others. 

I created this while away at retreat earlier this year. I LOVE retreats, time enough to clear my head of the mundane, immerse myself in a room full of amazing creative inspiration, and hang out with my tribe!

So, on a heavy weight cardstock (Bazzill Marshmallow) base I put this gritty black texture paste through this Prima stencil. I then did a Lisa-style rainbow vertically down the page using Ranger Dylusion sprays. The red splotches on the yellow and green come from putting my dried page face down on my messy mat to soak up excess spray.

To balance the black of the stencil I added some black stamping using mega bubble wrap and an Archival inkpad, these dry and stay put so no running when you wet it again. To draw the two sides of my piece together visually, I stamped with regular bubble wrap and yellow acrylic paint

I mounted my book quote on black card to help it stand out a bit and then sprayed the whole piece with gold shimmer (Perfect Pearls gold spray). Here is a close up of the quote so you can read it. I pick up super cheap pulp fiction at thrift stores to use for these, so much fun looking for good ones!

Thanks for coming by today, hope you have a colourful arty weekend, maybe play with one of our monthly challenges, or join our new tag swap, details in our FB group.

Til next time

6 comments:

  1. Awesome page Peg, love it. Love that stencil, I have it and haven't used it, so you have inspired me to get it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, mission accomplished! And thank-you x

      Delete
  2. wowwwwwww wowwwwww love this Peg xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete