Friday 13 March 2020

Art by Marlene Tag Album Kit, by Michelle Logan

A Big Hello Everyone! 
So happy to be back after a little break over the summer.
So what have I been up to? (I hear you ask)..... Well I was lucky enough to be sent the fabulous 
Tag Journal Kit by Art by Marlene, along with loads of other goodies, as part of my DT kit....what fun!

So in the kit you get all you need to make indexed tag journal/s. This includes the tag pages....(enough for a few journals or a big chunky number), Tape for binding as well as for the pages, a cool die for the binding, elastic and a charm for a closure for the journal....(I did not use the closure...thought I would use it for another journal).

Well here it is in all its glory....
I  wanted to use all my scraps and collage papers that I have a heap of (haven't we all) it is also my goal for 2020....to declutter..... including my scraps..... I do feel at times that I am drowning under my piles!!!! 



So this is super easy to put together I gotta say, just use the tape to join the pages together then the wider tape to bind the entire journal....depending on how many pages your journal has you may also need some masking tape to stabilise the binding a little as I found the wider tape did not like sticking to itself. So other than that you have all you really need for construction.

Front Cover

I wanted this Journal to be super chunky with loads of texture, so I decided to start by stitching some of my little pieces together with no thought process involved... just grab bits and sew. These "thready" morsels will be the cohesive component of the book. They will appear on each page.


For the cover I used one of Dina Wakleys' Word Chipboards and some Hessian from her Mixed Media Journal, painted it black then tried out the Dina Wakley Gloss Sprays on top to create a splattered look.

Back Cover
The rest of the journal is collaged to within an inch 
of its life. If you have ever ordered from Scrapping Clearly you may recognise.... look closely.....Kylies' spotty Wrapping paper she uses to wrap orders, I have used it throughout as well....yes I do have a stash of this gorgeous paper...just love it!


I used the die supplied and more collage paper as the binding and stuck it down with Gel Medium, it added to the strength of the binding as well....worked a treat!

Products used:
Scrapping Clearly Spotty Paper wrap
Tabs by Scrap FX
Old book paper
Old The Crafters Workshop Stencil
Collage Papers and scraps from other projects in my stash

 The rest of the journal will be revealed over the next couple of weeks, but I tell you it is a riot of colour and you may think it is a bit of a red hot mess.....but hey I had a whole lot of fun playing with all my "collagy"(is that even a word) bits and I do love the result. 

So stay tuned... next week I will reveal more of the inside of this thready, tactile, collagy tag Journal.
Cheers,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment