Friday 7 May 2021

Happy with Belinda Spencer

 Hello Scrapping Clearly peeps!!

It's Belinda here today with my latest project inspired by the marvelous May moodboard and featuring fabulous product from the store.


How warm and bright are these colours? I love them.
To start my layout, I first wanted to use one of the NEW Colour Study Stencils from Vicki Boutin. I hate the straight edges showing when I spritz with colour sprays so I first masked off the edges with torn scrap paper.


After I used the stencil I then turned it over and 'printed' the design into a journal I keep on hand to use up excess inks etc. It gave a really nice image.


For the red ink spray, I made up my own concoction using some Candy Colour Blast Shimmer Dust and distilled water in a mini mister. I added about a pinch of shimmer dust and then topped up the bottle with the water and shook well.

I spritzed some of the colour over the top of the stencilled image and let it drip down the page. I flicked some of the colour over too. I added a little more stencilling at the top right too.


Next I added some more flicks of colour using Dylusions Squeezed Orange Ink Spray and Mint Green Heidi Swapp Colour Shine.


Next I added some stamping using Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink and a stamp from the NEW Vicki Boutin Colour Study Stamp Set.


I grabbed a scrap of the heavy weight Marshmallow cardstock and played with the other stencils in the Colour Study range and the same ink sprays. Once this piece was dry, I then stamped some images using the Colour Study stamp set again and the Jet Black ink. I fussy cut the images to use on the layout in the next step.


I cropped some patterned paper from the Colour Study 6x8 Paper Pad and created a paper stack including some doilies I had in my stash and the fussy cut flowers as well as a tag from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Salvaged Tags set.


Finally I added my photo as well as the title, a Charm's Creations orange arrow and some fussy cut stars from the Vicki Boutin Let's Wander Stars patterned paper.

'Happy'


Here's a few close-ups.


I love this photo I snapped of my darling daughter when she used to let me take photos of her!!



Here's what I used:

DOODLEBUG DESIGNS Mini Paper Doilies
COLOUR BLAST Shimmer Dust Candy
TIM HOLTZ Idea-ology Salvaged Tags

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. I do hope you find some time to play along with the moodboard this month.

Cheers
Belinda


No comments:

Post a Comment