Saturday 15 May 2021

Retreat Fun - Tracey Thorne

 Welcome to another fabulous weekend & welcome back to the blog. 

I've gone off the beaten track with my layout this week and opted to create in hot pink and white and changed it up using Kraft cardstock for my base. I have swiped some white gesso across the page and allowed that to dry. I have then added some Lindy's magicals in Wild Rose Rouge.

 

I wanted to use this fabulous stencil by Kinder Kreations - it is one of my faves from her line of stencils - very versatile and so good to use in your Art Journal as well as on Layouts. I have used it with Dylusions Cherry Pie. My paint is a bit dried out and quite thick so I used it like texture paste through the stencil. It took quite a while to dry - or what I thought was dry 

I then ran it through the laminator to straighten out the page a little and then I had the following mishap - the layout then changed its construction from that point on. as you can see this is not ideal - but never say never when faced with a mess.

I added more gesso through the stencil to the page & then topped it off with more of the Cherry Pie paint with a little added texture paste this time.

 

I've added some black stamped images using Stampers Anonymous stamp Fragments. Next was to create my photo stack using some old basic grey papers, a project life card and some other smaller paper embellishments that I had sitting on my desk. At this point it was all getting a little lost and way too busy for my liking... there is only one thing to do... 

Time to paint the whole thing with Gesso to lighten it up. I rubbed off the gesso that was on the pink stencil parts with a wet cloth. I have also stitched a black border and frame for the photo placement.

I used more black cotton to layer under the photo stack and have used a cutfile also to help bring in more white. 

 

The layout was finished off creating the title using American Crafts Thickers 
and a little typed journalling.



Thanks for dropping by & have yourself a fabulous weekend.


Tracey xx




















No comments:

Post a Comment