Saturday 29 May 2021

Keep it Real by Tracey Thorne

 Welcome back to the blog and another fabulous Saturday.  

There is only a couple of days to go to enter and upload your layout in Scrapping Clearly's monthly challenge - you can see the challenge moodboard here on the Facebook page - you can also upload your layout in the album to be in the draw for our monthly fab prize from Kylie.

My 12x12 layout this week I suprisingly put together quite fast. I was trying to clean up a few odds and ends on my desk and the layers all just came together. 

For the base I have used a page from the Vicki Boutin Mixed Media cardstock pad. I started to pull in ephemera and strips of cardstock from the Pink Paislee Memorandum & Cedar Lane ranges. I have also used a piece of music paper and Project Life card to help build up the base for the photo. There were a few offcuts and practise pieces of Kraft cardstock on my desk so I have used them up too. I have also decided to use a bit of the Pink Paislee cardstock to create my title.

 

After working out placement I have drawn a black square around the photo layers using a Stabilo black pencil. I have added water to this and then sewn the border also. Whilst sewing this border I have also sewn the outer edge border.


I have added a little more layering using some Darkroom Door stamps - Gazette & Abstract 01. I also used a Finnabair butterfly stamp. These were applied using Adirondack black ink.


After adhering the photo stack layers more ephemera was added including some beautiful sparkly Freckle Fawn glitter stars.

 

The title was created by using American Krafts Thickers - Kensie. I have also used some Vicki Boutin stickers, punchunella & Dina Wakley star tissue paper.

 

Added quotes to help with my journalling were added using the Tim Holtz range of stickers. I love using these for a quick answer to journalling - with style 😉


Thanks for popping in and I hope you get an opportunity to create a little something for yourself this weekend that you can add to your memory bank.


big love to ya
tracey




1 comment:

  1. Amazing thank you for sharing an linking these amazing products for us for easy shopping

    ReplyDelete