Sunday 16 May 2021

Let Life Surprise You - with Emma Zappone

Hi, Em with you on the SC Blog today.

And today's focus is on the Mood board and all things Tim Holtz.
My project is made up of only Tim Holtz products. It was a lot of fun putting together.

Here is the beautiful mood board I was inspired by, I was inspired by the rustic colours in the panel with the butterflies mostly.

I started by using An A4 piece of white card and then started to tear pieces of Tim's Idea-ology Collage paper, 2 different ones were used, they were - Typeset and Typography.
Once I was happy with the amount stuck down I then added a couple of washi tapes to it. 

After adding a layer of clear gesso and completely drying it, I added some colour. I really wanted to play on the orange aspect of the board, so using Distress Oxides I actually started with Vintage Photo around the border first. Then with Carved Pumpkin I blended over the top of the Vintage Photo and in through to the collage paper.
Then flicking some water and removing the moisture created a distressed look.

Next I added a pop of colour through a Tim Holtz Stencil, I used Eye Chart with Distress Oxide - Peacock Feathers. This added a cool effect without using modelling paste.


Stamping was next. I chose an assortment of stamps from the Stampers Anonymous range - Field Notes and Glitch1. Glitch1 stamps were stamped with Distress Oxide Crackling Campfire.


For my layers and embellishments, this was using a variety of elements from the Ephemera pack - field notes. This is such an awesome pack as you have 'tags' and butterflies and bugs to flowers. It covers so much. And has beautiful colours. I chose only those that went with this mood board.


Finally the title I added using a couple of stickers from the Idea-ology Small Talk range. These are perfect for story telling which I love to do.


Have you had a play with this months board yet? We would love to see your take on it.

Catch you all very soon, Em xx










No comments:

Post a Comment