Saturday 8 May 2021

He is a wise man - by tracey thorne

 To tell the truth I have been in a bit of a rut of late - life has a lot going on - so I have had to dig deep and really hone in on what my happy is for when I create. I have dug this photo out of my archives (my phone pics from a couple of years ago) to create with this months amazing moodboard. This moodboard  is helping me find my way - it is so warm yet invigorating... if you are looking for something to spark your creative flow I urge you to give this one a crack - it has certainly helped me the last couple of weeks.

My favourite way to start a layout is with white cardstock then add a little something to that, this time I have added some Tim Holtz Distress stain in Dried Marigold & Ripe Persimmon... so in love with the depth of colour with these two together. 


I worked out placement for my photo and have added stitching in black cotton to help define the placement. I have also added a little washi tape using Dina Wakley.


Time for layers - I have added a little Hambly Acetate, Dina Wakley collage paper and some self created stitched tissue paper. I have stamped under the layers using Darkroom Door Abstract stamp and a Finnabair stamp.



Some added extras were - Kinder Kreations feather chipboard painted using Gesso and Ken Oliver Liquid Metals in Iron Oxide, black thread, stamped butterflies using a Prima stamp,  Lindy's gang magicals & a pre printed acetate quote. I love how the stamped Prima butterflies have turned out. I have created these using some pre-painted lindy's and then fussy cut for the project.



The title was chosen as part of a quote that is how my thoughts & feelings are at at this moment. I love putting honesty and feelings into my creativity.


I hope you have enjoyed my share this week - have yourself a fabulous creative week.


tracey 



















No comments:

Post a Comment