Sunday 30 May 2021

A Little POP culture - by Emma Zappone

 Happy Sunday friends.
Emma up on the PF Blog with you today with a bright POP layout.
Using lots of bright colours and a few old school techniques this layout came together nicely.


I'll now show you how I created it.....


I started by adding a sheet of Art by Marlene Collage Paper to an A4 card. And once dry created some tags out of it that would match my layout. Next came the colour! Using Dylusions paints (lemon zest, blue Hawaiian, peony blush, laidback lilac, cherry pie & black Marble) I dotted the colours in a straight line and then using a palette knife dragged the colour down the page. Then I flipped the page upside down and using the knife once more dragged them toward me again. Wiping the knife in spots to create an abstract feel.


Once the paint was dry I started to build layers with stencils and stamps. First was a couple of Dylusion stencils with Distress Oxides in Chipped Sapphire and Kitsch Flamingo to mark make. Once the Oxides were dry I grabbed some Modeling Paste and using a circle stencil went through in random but strategically placed sections😉



Then choosing a section of the HUGE Aall & Create Scribble It stamp, stamped in the areas that the modelling paste was laid. And then I started the composition with the tags made earlier and some chipboard elements. I love layers and this page has that for sure.


Once all my chipboard pieces and fabric were glued in place, it was time to add some story to the page, and what better than the Studio Light artsy Arabia sticker Quotes. These have so many awesome quotes, I had to use 2 to tell the story.


I dug around my stash and found the good ol' enamel dots that I prettied the page up with a little. Finally a few black & white splashes and this bright POP page was complete. 




Bright and fun for this last Sunday of May.

Thanks for joining me, happy crafting and will see you next month.

Em xx











 


No comments:

Post a Comment