Friday 26 March 2021

Adore You with Belinda Spencer

 Hello Scrapping Clearly fans!!

It's Belinda here today to share my latest layout created using lots of awesome supplies from Scrapping Clearly.


I started the layout by cropping some Heidi Swapp patterned paper and mounting on heavyweight Marshmallow cardstock. For this project I have used both the Artwalk and Storyline Chapters 12 x 12 Project Pads. I painted a thin layer of Dina Wakley Media Clear Gesso over the whole page.

Next I added some Art Philosophy Concentrated Watercolours. I could not love this product more!! The colours are so vibrant and they are so easy to work with. I spritzed my page with water first and then dropped the colours into the wet area. I love watching the watercoloour bloom in the water. I find it so mesmerizing and relaxing. Once the watercolour had done it's thing I then started manipulating the colour with a large soft wet paintbrush to push it where I wanted it. I spritzed with water and played around with tilting the page too. Basically anything goes to get that colour where you want it! I flicked some of the colour over the page too.



I managed to get my inky hands on the NEW Aall & Create Take Flight Clear Stamp Set. (Lucky me!!) It is a stunning stamp set and I was super impressed with the size of the stamps especially the huge gorgeous wings. Here I have used the long grungy strip stamp down the middle of my page as well as the chevrons stamp. I applied the stamps using Ranger Rose Madder Archival Ink.


Next I added some stencilling using the Kaisercraft Bubbles 12 x 12 Template and the fabulous Prima Art Extravagance Vintage Gold Icing Paste.


Here's an angle shot to show how gorgeously gold that icing paste is.


Next I tore a strip of Heidi Swapp patterned paper and attached some Tim Holtz Terminology Tissue Wrap and paper doilies to the back of it. Once everything was attached I added the whole lot to the page.



I stamped a couple of small wings from the Take Flight Set onto vellum using Jet Black Archival Ink. If you haven't had the 'pleasure' of stamping on vellum before, it may take a few goes (speaking from experience)!! The ink slips on the vellum and it can be tricky to get a crisp image. Persistance pays off though. I fussy cut the wings and added them to a fussy cut photo of my daughter in her fairy costume. I am sure my daughter would like me to add that this photo was taken many years ago and she is way too cool to wear a fairy costume now.

Here's my completed layout.


As you can see I added 'fairy' Hayley to the layout along with a chopped up piece of Heidi Swapp die cut paper and some butterflies. For the butterflies I used a brand new stamp from Darkroom Door and applied it onto the same patterned paper that I tore the big strip from. Any butterflies would work for this though.

I added a little bit more stamping using a Technique Tuesday Stamp Set and shook a gold Pintor Pen over the layout (covering up my photo) to add some gold drops. I finished with my title.


Here's what I used:
HEIDI SWAPP Storyline Chapters 12 x 12 Project Pad
HEIDI SWAPP 6 X 6 Die Cut Papers
TECHNIQUE TUESDAY Random Thoughts Clear Stamps
AMERICAN CRAFTS Vellum
KAISERCRAFT Lucky Dip Gold Foil Doilies
DARKROOM DOOR Spread Your Wings Rubber Stamp Set

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.

Cheers
Belinda


No comments:

Post a Comment