Sunday 21 March 2021

Great things take time - with Emma Zappone

Hello crafters!!!
Hope you are having an awesome Sunday.
Today we are going bright and simple, featuring a fantastic AALL & CREATE stamp and stencil.



I started with the the Elegance Aall & create stencil, and using a blending tool added colour. For the colour palette I used Distress Oxides in Peacock Feathers, Abandoned Coral & Wild Honey. Once happy with the colour blending I wanted to 'fade' out the edges a little, so I did this by spraying a hit of water to a couple of spots and moved them around to create a water colour effect. I then doodled around the edges of some of the pattern to add some visual dimension.




Then came the winged stamp from the Take Flight set. I set this stamp up on my stamp press and started with black ink. Next I added layers of colours while still on the press. The colours are the same as the what was used through the stencil. This technique is super easy but super effective.



I added very minimal layers apart from a few Scrap FX bold blooms and chipboard. 



The awesome chevron stamp is part of the same Take Flight stamp set. This set is so full of inspiring pieces. Finally my title is from the Tim Holtz Small talk menu stickers. 

A few flicks of the distress oxides to tie it all together and this layout is complete. 

I hope you have an awesome weekend and will see you all soon.

Em xx







 

No comments:

Post a Comment