Tuesday 30 March 2021

& so the day begins by Tracey B

 Hi everyone.

It's hard to believe the year is almost a quarter of the way through but still there is still some time to enter this month's moodboard.

So here's another layout and technique inspired by this month's board.


I started by mixing some paint with some inpasto gel to give it some dimension and then scraping it through a stencil.





I then used more paint and sponged it through another stencil.   Just make sure you clean your sponge thoroughly at the end or the paint will dry hard and there is no recovery from that!   
The left over paint I spritzed with water and splatted onto the page. 



I added a couple of stamps (masking off the 's' of mornings with some washi tape)



A little more stamping and then some embellishments.












(The black splodge on my top photo that looks a bit like a bat is actually where I accidentally lay the photo on some glue and when I wiped it off, it took the colour from the photo.   I coloured it with black posca pen hoping it would blend in but not to be.   I did think about putting an embellishment over the top but thought it would detract from the design of the page so I think I'll print a third photo and lay it over the top)

Products I've used include:

Art Alchemy Metallique Paint (Amethyst & Deep Waters)
Dusty Attic stencils
sponge
fan brush
Studio Calico stamps
washi  tape
Momento ink black
Carabelle Studio stamps textured circles
Heidi Swapp Memory Planner photo frame
Basic grey chipboard alphas
clips
embroidery floss

Hope you all have a great week
Looking forward to the Easter cyber crop!

cheers
Tracey


No comments:

Post a Comment