Saturday 6 March 2021

Capture by Tracey Thorne

 Welcome to another weekend full of creative experimentation. I like to think every time I get paint and ink out it will speak to me and let me know how my Layout will evolve. This one was a quick one with lots of different shades of blue using inks & watercolours. This month's moodboard is an amazing mix of bold colours and I loved tying in the texture of the cotton too.

I altered my photo to bring in the tones of the twine before I started my page. I have then started with a base of White cardstock and to that I added some Dylusions in London Blue. I have stitched a black border around my photo also.


I have used the Art by Marlene stencil - Artsy Arabia with Seth Apter Izink Dye-blue moon - dropping little bits onto the hollow of the stencil with a wet paint brush. Once dry I used my stabilo ALLS pencil to draw a rectangle where I was going to put the photo. I have then machine stitched over this.  


I have added a little more texture by using the stencil again with some Liquitex modelling paste
I have then used Darkroom Door stamps -Number Medley - fantastic stamps designed by Rachel Greig... if you are needing some background stamps to add subtle interest or more bolder interest these are a must on your shopping list 😉


To create the layered stack for my photo I have used Vicki Boutin printed papers - Happy Spirit and Patchwork. Before adhering the photo to the papers I wound cotton in colours of maroon, pink & orange to the base of the photo - this helped to hide a portion of the photo that was unusable and added a feature to help tie in with the moodboard. 


I have used some old Making Memories metal & vellum tags under the layers as well as some muslin to soften all those dark colours. Once all the of these layers were added I added more blue inks and watercolours to add depth. I have used Prima Art Philosophy- TruthLindy's Magicals- delphinium turquoise & stormy sky.
I have added some metal embellishments and Tim Holtz sticker phrases as well as a little Dina Wakley washi tape.  I have also fussy cut some Vicki Boutin printed paper - Mosaic to use as embellishments.


The title was created using American Crafts Thickers vinyl word - Capture. 


I hope you have enjoyed reading through my process. 


Until next time have a fabulously creative weekend.

Tracey





No comments:

Post a Comment