Saturday 20 March 2021

Carpool Karaoke

 Welcome to another week of creative fun with this months moodboard.

I decided to dust off the Gelli plate and have a play last night – like card making I just don’t do it enough to be good or confident with it but so glad I have had a go at it.

Having a Gelli plate is a handy item to have to give you a range of effects and Kylie has a selection in the store if you are interested in buying one. 

To the Gelli plate I added some white gesso first and rolled it out with a brayer - and pulled a print on some A4 copy paper. I added the AALL & Create stencil and Dylusions London blue with the brayer – I  pulled my first print on my cardstock. While this was drying I used a little more gesso onto the stencil and pulled the second print – this became the base for the layout.

 

I have used three little photos about the size of a passport photo for this layout & split their placement. Before adhering them to the page I drew a rectangle which I have stitched in black and added an AALLS pencil border to this. I have used a little magenta paint mixed with water to create a few splatters on the page near the photos. I have stamped some circles from the Darkroom Door stamp  Arty Circles  onto some tissue paper before adhering it onto the page with Liquitex Matte Gel. A Kaisercraft spot stamp was also added for a little more black near the photos and help frame the whole placement.


 

  Foam tape was added to the back of the photos to help them pop & add dimension to the page. I have then taken some paper embellishments from the Vicki Boutin ranges to help add interest and layer the photos. The tab at the side of the photo was from Flutterbys and some AALL & Create washi was also added for a little more interest. I have also cut a chipboard frame in half and added it under the top and bottom photos. Tim Holtz big words stickers were also added as journalling.

  

 

I have used some red butterflies to help draw the eye to the center of the page & added cotton under the photos to give a more textural element to the page. The title was created using some Jenni Bowlin stickers that I had in my stash.

   

I have bordered the whole layout by drawing a black penline with a Fudeball marker.

I hope you have enjoyed my new take on the moodboard this weekend. Have a fantastic weekend full of creativity.

tracey 


No comments:

Post a Comment