Saturday 13 March 2021

Colourful Souls by Tracey Thorne

 Hello back to the blog and my weekend share. I hope you have all been creating your own pieces of joy. I have created a minimalist layout this week with a lot of white space. I was decluttering my mind after a hectic week and felt I just needed to wind back and release and start fresh. Fresh to me is white space, unbusy and simple. I  hope you enjoy what I have created.

Once again I have taken the prompts from the moodboard - it is a cracker!

White space needs white cardstock- an absolute fave of mine to create on. I made up a little of the Lindys flat magicals - Stormy Sky and with a wet brush flicked splatters from one corner to the other.


Another of my favourite must do's is to sew on  my creations. I worked placement of my photo and then drew a line around it so that I could sew. I have used a combo of straight and zig zag stitch.


Dylusions Creative Dyary Washi was added to the bottom and top on opposites sides. I do not use washi enough so watch this space for more washi usage on my projects.


I have sewn a black border around the inside of the photo and added a few stamped circles using the Dylusions Stamp- Creative Dyary. I have water coloured them in.

 

I have added some of the Tim Holtz Idealogoy - Big Chat stickers  and the title was created using American Crafts Thickers & Pink Paislee fashion script. I have used Cocoa Vanilla Enamel Dots -Unforgettable and cut some butterflies from my own stash. I have also used ephemera from Vicki Boutin Ephemera - paper pen.



This is the finished layout - a nice clean and clear declutter of my headspace was well worth the effort. 


Have a fantastic weekend 

Tracey


No comments:

Post a Comment