Friday 5 March 2021

Stay Wild...with Belinda Spencer

Hello Scrapping Clearly fans!

It's Belinda here today to share my project inspired by the gorgeous March mood board.


Here's a peek at the mood board.
I decided to create an art journal spread in my Dina Wakley Media 6x6 Journal. I love the cute size of this journal. It's small so it's not so intimidating when you are staring at blank pages wondering what you are going to create! Also the paper is such good quality. Super thick and sturdy to stand up to a lot of wet media and abuse.

I spritzed the pages quite liberally with water and dropped Prima Art Philosophy Concentrated Watercolour in Bright Pink, Peacock and Truth into it. The colours are so vibrant! I find it really mesmerizing and relaxing just to sit back and watch the watercolour spread and do its thing for a while. Then I picked up the journal and let the colours run down the page. I always put some paper towel underneath to catch all the drips and also to be used later for collage.


Next I used some Ranger Dylusions Paint in Blue Hawaiian and Bubblegum Pink to add some stencilling to the background. I used Vicki Boutin Storyteller Stencils for this including both the Radiate and Wild Soul Stencils. I tried the uber talented Lisa Oxley's technique where I added the blue paint with a palette knife, placed the stencil over it and then rubbed away the paint with a wet wipe. Not surprisingly, it didn't work nearly as well as Lisa's. I may need to try it a few times to perfect it!! It still gave my pages a lovely subtle effect which turned out to work really well. I swiped some of the leftover paint on the palette knife over the pages too.


Next I added a stencilled a quote on the page and then realized my book was upside down!!! D'oh!! The white 'cloud' on the right hand side is to hide the evidence! Nevermind I solved it by using the cloud later for a collaged quote. I swiped some more gesso around the page to make it look like it was all on purpose!


Tada!! The collaged quote on the cloud. It was like I had planned it. LOL I tore a quote from the Dina Wakley Media Collage Paper Faces pack and added it to the 'cloud' using gel medium. I cut a girl from the Dina Wakley Media Collage Collective Book. I stamped some wings onto some more paper from the same book using a butterfly from the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Specimens stamp set and Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink. I stuck the wings on the girl and added them both to the page using gel medium. I cut a circular image from the Collage Collective Book and added that too.


 I added two stamped and fussy cut butterflies. The butterflies were from the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Watercolours Set and stamped on some more paper from the same Dina book. I added stamping using a cute stamp from the Inkadinkadoo Branches stamp set and the Jet Black ink. I used a black Posca Pen and the Dina Wakley Media Mini Boulders Stencil to add some wonky scribbly circles. There's a whole lot more stencilling using white gesso and the Kaisercraft Fancy Flourish Mini Designer Template as well as the Darkroom Door Cascading Stars Medium Stencil. Finally I added a gold crown using a Jane Davenport stencil and the Prima Vintage Gold Icing Paste, some doodling with Posca Pens and some Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs rub-ons.





Thanks for stopping by the blog today and checking out my mood board inspired art journal page. I hope you will play along with the mood board this month too. The colours are so pretty!

Cheers
Belinda


No comments:

Post a Comment