Friday 5 June 2020

"Zine Fun" by Michelle Logan


Hey Hey It's Friday everybody and I am back with a little something different today!
A little Zine made from one sheet of paper.
 I rediscovered this cool Scrap book paper in my stash from Ella & Viv Graffiti Collection: Cardinal and Gold. Kylie still has some in stock too if it appeals to you! 
The paper started out looking like this:


It is very busy and bright but there was something about it that appealed. 
When faced with paper or a background like this it is easier to deal with in smaller sections....so folding this into small pages really worked a treat!
Before the folding began I trimmed the paper a little as I wanted some extra bits to add to the book later. I also added random black and white letters and numbers through a couple of Dylusions stencils, "Old School Numbers" & "Old School Alpha".
Once it was dry I then used a small circle Gel Plate as a stamp on an acrylic block adding some white organic circle patterns.
Then the folding began. 
If you want to know how to fold the booklet I have a very old video here that shows you how.
So lets get to how this one turned out:

 "Home.....a Dream"


Once the book was folded it was just a matter of adding some focal images and words.
Throughout the book I used the Dylusions Stamp sets: "Star Struck"  & "Right up Your Street" and a few old bits and pieces in my stash like the alphas and numbers....leftovers from my scrapbook years!



I used Dylusions washi tape  to add a little interest and stitching to add texture along with the stamped images.


I added a little colour to the stamped images using Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks throughout the booklet.


All the hoarded Alpha and Number stickers came in handy as the words on the pages. 
Old punches also made an appearance, the tiny hearts and the tabs (cut from the left over trimmed paper).


Finally here is a quick flip through of the finished piece:


Products Used: 

Gel Press Petites: Circle
Dylusions Stamp sets: "Star Struck"  & "Right up Your Street"
Dylusions washi tape 
Dylusions stencils, "Old School Numbers" & "Old School Alpha".
Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks

And that my friends is me for the week I hope you enjoyed my little show and tell....
See you next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment