Saturday 20 June 2020

In the Trenches

Welcome to another Saturday morning. I have been going through a lot of old photos and found this one of my husband working hard and thought it was a moment in time that probably should be documented for the kids later down the line. I have chosen some old printed paper (as I don't like throwing things away) and just added layers to alter it to get it where I wanted it to be. The current June moodboard worked in perfectly for me to finish up my layout with all the amazing green tones.



I added stamping using a tree and leaf stamp from my collection. Scrapping Clearly has some amazing Tree stamps by Lavinia stamps that I have yet to get my hands and there is a large variety of leaf stamps by Inkadinkadoo on offer in the shop too which would work perfectly for this design also. I  have stamped in Ranger Archival Ink. I have then stitched in black cotton across the page to give the trees a base. 


I worked out my photo placement and chose Dusty Attic Foliage chipboard to run across the stitching of the page. I used Gesso on the chipboard and later used my Fudeball to squiggle some lines on as well as adding a little Distress Ink to tone them into the page.


Before adding the photo and layers to the page I wanted to tone down the printed paper. I did this by using Gesso through  the circular stencil and then used Liquitex modelling paste through a Zig Zag stencil. 


I bordered the photo with the Fudeball and have sewn a double border around the outer edge.


I layered my photo with a range of Project Life cards. I have added some stickers, brads and American Crafts fonts to help add dimension to the page. I have typed my journalling and used Tea DyeDistress Ink to colour the paper and blend around the edges of the layout. I typed out the journalling and dipped it in a wash of tea dye ink and water so the paper blended with the layout.


I hope you have an amazing weekend and have the opportunity to create something awesome. 

Don't forget to upload your challenge entry for June into the Scrapping Clearly Share & Inspire Facebook page album - we love being inspired by your creations xx


tracey 

No comments:

Post a Comment