Friday 27 December 2019

"I Spill" by Michelle Logan

Oops almost forgot it was Friday! 
With all the Christmas cheer..... I do not know what day it is!!!
Any way here is a quick share before I head off on a couple of big trips....but I will be back sometime in the new year...!

"I Spill..."



This is a page in my Dylusions Journal. The background was one I had created by smashing my left over paint from other projects onto the page, so there is a few layers here...i even smash down dirty painty stencils, (and I can see my old fave Dina Wakleys "Halves" stencil some where in there)so there is some sort of clash of pattern happening.


Most if not all the paint is Dina Wakley Acrylic....Yes it is a Fave! I also added some very old rub ons, found whilst moving my studio. I could not bring myself to throw them out so I am on a mission to use them up instead.



I used Scrap FX printed Rice paper and old book paper in the background to add some interest and at this stage it was starting to get a little messy so I needed something super bold as the main image.
So I used Dina Wakley Printed Collage Tissue it fitted the bill perfectly.


The skulls looking over the figures' shoulder are an older stamp by AALL and Create, stamped onto tissue using black Stazon ink and applied to the page with Gel Medium.
And that my friends is it for a while.
Items Used:
Dylusions Journal
Dina Wakley Acrylic
Dina Wakleys "Halves" stencil
Various Rub Ons
Old Book paper
Dina Wakley Printed Collage Tissue
Scrap FX printed Rice Paper
Skull stamp by AALL and Create
Stazon ink
Gel Medium.

Till I see you again, happy creating and a safe and arty New Year to all!!

Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment