Saturday 14 December 2019

Quick & Simple Santa

Do you have so many photos of Christmas that you are 5 Christmas' behind... this 12x12 layout was quick and simple and yet effective. If you have a cutting machine or you purchase pre-cut files they can be amazing at helping put together pages a little quicker. You can also find chipboard titles are great for this reason also.

The pre-created titles give you the option to create a nice easy page by having the title already sorted for you. I love the opportunity to change up my pages in my childrens albums by using the precut titles, it shows growth and a love of all the different types of supplies available to me.  Today's layout I have used a created cut file that has become a feature on the page. I have embraced the beautiful palette of the moodboard whilst creating 'that something different' for my sons album.


The base I used for this page was Pink Fresh Escape the Ordinary - Explore... it is a perfect cardstock for Christmas. To this I added some Pink Fresh Escape the Ordinary - Chase and some glitter tape alternatively. 


I then stamped with Adirondack black ink Carrabelle stamp - edges in my journal and Inkadinkadoo  - branches.  I also added some black stitching  through the layers and around the outer border.


I cut my title myself with my cutting machine. The outer border was cut with white cardstock and the inner was cut out of Heidi Swapp  - Emerson lane - absolutely perfect for this moodboard 😉



I have mounted the photo on Heidi Swapp - Dalila and used foam tape to help raise it off the page. I have also added some thickers embellishments from the new Summertime range. I have typed my journalling using a typewriter... I find having one of these eliminates me turning on the computer and getting side tracked... an awesome investment.



and that is it... all done... here are a few close ups of the layers, title, stamping and the journalling.


I hope this has inspired you to try a little something different to your norm and start all those past Christmas pages you know you should have already created and stacked away in the album. 😉


Until next week - have a fabulous creative weekend xx













No comments:

Post a Comment