Saturday 21 December 2019

Keeping it simple

With little to no time at this time of year I am focusing on quick and simple layouts to keep my creative flow going. I am totally in love with the colors of this amazing moodboard & with this in  mind I have grasped a few of those colors and some of the simple shapes to create this layout. It was nice and simple to put together - exactly my focus over the next couple of weeks. It leaves the photo in focus with its awesome use of circles and stars to keep it in the Christmas theme.


I used the Avery Elle Watercolours in Celery to draw circles on a piece of white cardstock - this was done straight from the bottle. I dried this with my heat tool, alternatively you could let it dry naturally as this will also allow the colour to stay rich and not watered down.


I decided on photo placement and then used Heidi Swapp washi at the base where the photo will go. Tim Holtz distress stain in Evergreen Bough was stamped through a UM WOW studio stencil. Inkadinkadoo stamps were used with Ranger Archival Ink in black at either side of the photo prior to placement. I was loving the pinecone look of the stamps - very Christmassy.

 

Foam tape was added to the back of the photo before adhering to the layout. Liquitex light modelling paste was also added to the layout through the Um Wow stencil.  Timber embellishments from the Heidi Swapp wood range were added for a title and thickers were used for the word Xmas. 


For a few final touches puffy silver stars from Heidi Swapp range of embellishments and a border was sewn in black around the outer edge.  


There are only a few more sleeps to go before the big guy in the red suit comes by... I would love to see your take on this moodboard before the end of the month - and don't forget you go in the draw to win a store voucher so get your entries into the Facebook moodboard album

tracey 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment