Monday 30 December 2019

Journal Play

I, like many have a lot of unfinished backgrounds in my art journal. So I thought I would pick one yesterday and have some fun with it.



I found a fun, funky stamp I hadn't played with before and some gel prints to stamp on. I then fussy cut them out and used gel medium to glue them into my journal.


I did some shadow stamping onto the background first before I added the stamped images.


I added some white gesso across the centre where I was going to put the focal piece. Using a wet one and a lace print stencil I rubbed off some paint. I then added some back with a sponge and orange paint through the same stencil.


The girl is made from an Art by Marlene figure, combining a few elements to turn her into a fairy.

To finish off I went over with some black pen work and stamped on some butterflies.

Thanks for looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment