Friday 12 October 2018

'Your heart is your greatest treasure' - Art Journal - by Amy


Hi all!

Thank you for popping in! I have here my first ‘Art Journal’ project to share. It was both therapeutic and a challenge, in a sense, as I was getting out of my comfort zone here.

After creating this it is fair to say that – I am hooked! 😊

So, now, every so often, I will pop in and share my Art Journal projects.

 

I have used a watercolour page from the Dina Wakley Media Journal in 8” x 10”. This journal is fabulous as it consists of canvas, burlap, watercolour and Kraft pages. 
 
I have primed the page with Dina Wakley Media Gesso in clear. Once dried, I masked some hand drawn circles, as I wanted keep these areas white. 

I then set to using Prima Marketing Watercolour Pencils, using ‘The Basics’ range, mixed with water. I kept working the colours until I was happy with the setting.

After the paint had dried, I darkened the circles using a Marker Uni – Posca pen in black

To add details to the page I carefully tore strips – with the help of water – to remove some images from the Jane Davenport Napkin Collage paper. I applied it using a gel medium from my stash. To protect the images, it is important to apply the gel medium over the top as well – and smooth out any air bubbles. 



I splattered Colour Blast Colour Spray in 'Roadbase' randomly around the page. To highlight some of the areas, I used Posca pens in black and white. Finally, the title was used from Tim Holtz Idealogy Collection – ‘Small Talk’.

It was a terrific learning experience, creating this journal page. I think that it is fantastic to try and experiment and learn new things – otherwise you never know what you are capable of!


 
 
Ciao, Amy 😊
 

No comments:

Post a Comment