Saturday 6 October 2018

Believe - with Emma.

Happy Saturday everyone, hope its an awesome day where you are.
Today I have a project that showcases the awesome Jane Davenport 'at a glance' stamp.

It's very "eye catching" hehehehehe!


I have had this image from Pinterest for ages and have been hanging onto it for just the right moment.
When I received this awesome set of stamps I just knew this image would work perfectly with it.
So I used it as my main focal stamp down and under where I was going to place my image.

Up until recently purple was a no go colour for me. But after a work friend challenged me to use it, I'm not so phobic about it.

I really wanted to match the colours to the image so after applying Clear Gesso I applied my first colour, I chose Distress Oxide in Antique linen first. But only a little because I really wanted to mimic the image.

Then to add my colour I used a Vicki Boutin watercolour set. I had lots of fun mixing and adding paint colours to achieve the bleeding watercolour effect.


How incredibly amazing are those eyes in the stamp!

Behind my image I layered some torn pieces from a Heidi Swapp paper pad I had. And I also scrunched and placed some torn pieces of the Tim holtz tissue wrap.


For my main embellishments I used 3 of the Finnabair mechanical metal flowers.
I just cant get enough of these metals.


With a couple of torn pieces of fabric tucked up in my layers, I left it. Didn't add anymore embellies and didn't even flick ink!!!

But I'm super happy with the way this page has come up. I love the vibe, sadness and hope this image and the eyes depict.

I hope you too can be inspired by some of the very cool products Kylie has in the shop just like I have been.

I'll be back soon to share a page devoted to this months amazing moodboard.
Till then, Em xx





1 comment:

  1. Thank you Emma love this thank you for linking these amazing products back to scrappingclearly online shop

    ReplyDelete