Friday 5 October 2018

'Brrrrr'


Hello! Another month means a new challenge: “Think Green”!

Green is everywhere, of course – in nature, on a sleek old British racing car, or captured on something new and modern!

Recently, my youngest played his first football grand final. It happened to be a very cold and wintery Sunday morning, with hail! The poor little footballers had to run around in their shorts and footy tops!


First, on some white cardstock, with an old gift card, I smeared Dylusions paint in ‘cut grass’ Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body Acrylic Paint in ‘Lime’. 


For the circular splatters I used Tim Holtz Distress Stain in ‘mowed lawn’. With the hand-die-cut clouds I haphazardly applied Dylusions Ink Spray in ‘Fresh Lime’ with the stalk from the bottle. 

Once the background mediums had dried, I stamped the background with a Kaisercraft clear stamp with a Ranger Archival ink pad in ‘Emerald Green’.


Now to break up all this green, I used a Carabelle Studio Art Stamp – ‘Edges in My Journal’ – my favourite stamp at the moment 😊. To prevent the stamp ink from being smudged, I used a Tsukineko StazOn Archival Solvent Ink in black

For the white splatters, I used the Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain in ‘Picket Fence
Then it was time to adhere my photo down. For the photo border I used Cocoa Vanilla Studio ‘You Rock’ die-cut Ephemera. 


In this little cluster here, I have used some strips of Cocoa Vanilla Studio – ‘Boys Rule’ straight and narrow paper and a ‘Tis the Season’ Bitty Bow. The sequins and black thread are from my stash.

 

Finally, for the title, ‘Brrrrr’ – is from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio ‘You Rock’ Ephemera collection: the letter ‘B’ was used and the ‘r’s were die-cut from black cardstock in my stash.

It was fun making this simple mixed media page. I do hope come on board and have a go with this month’s mood-board challenge: think green!

Ciao, Amy 😊
 

No comments:

Post a Comment