Wednesday 24 October 2018

Using up your stash & grabbing a few extras


Woohoooo we are getting closer to the end of the month and I am getting super excited to check out all the new entries for the October moodboard. My latest layout has stayed with the awesome moodboard tones of green but also added blue and a touch of black. I like to scrap general everyday moments like my sewing adventures. This photo is of my Friday night sewing whilst watching the footy.

I love using white cardstock and layering with inks and then adding layer upon layer to get my desired effect. With this layout I added few squirts of color… Dylusions – Cut Grass… and a lovely blue that I seriously cannot for the life of me find in the box of love that has become my ink sprays (apologies now… this will be a MIA search to retrieve the name by the next post) … seriously squirt that stuff on your page a couple of times then unscrew the lid and add a few drips… I kind of like to add it central to my page and drag it up to the top and bottom so it will protrude past what extras I am about to add.


I next  dug out my Kinder Kreations  Eye of Fatima large stencil – gosh I love this stencil … it is so versatile… I have added it in three places …. and I am a lover of just using Modelling paste as is out of the jar… no colour … white is amazing so that the color underneath leaches through. My go to modelling paste of choice is Liquitex… I am a huge fan of Liquitex. Did I say I love Liquitex.... lol.


So how many of you love Project Life – my hand is up – although I have not started one album yet but I have purchased so many of the amazing card kits …..I have some amazing friends who have created the best albums that I am in awe of so I could not just sit by and not buy some of those cards… they screamed YOU NEED THOSE and because there are so many cards that come in the kits with extras of the same I have utilised them on my layout…. so here I have picked a few that suit my layout and added them as background papers/accents, honestly these cards are so versatile.

I have finished the layout off with a few extra wood embellishments & flair that I had hiding in my stash. I have used some black dottie washi behind the photo and a cool blue/teal washi at the top and bottom of the page to border the page, it truly helps tie the page together with that amazing blue ink (which i have no idea of its name right now)


I hope you can grab a little inspo from this … top picks & purchases from this layout for me would have to be my Kinder Kreations stencil, Liquitex modelling paste and dylusions inks….

Happy scrapping .... till next time ... be good but be messy!

Tracey




1 comment: