Thursday 24 March 2022

Entomology Tag by Emma Zappone

Hello everyone.
Today I share a video and a tag created using a mix of products you can find in Kylie's shop.
It focus's on Stamperia product, resin and texture.



This tag is approx 5"x7" and created on packing board. Nice & Sturdy.
It is then primed with some white gesso to get it ready for all the paint to come.
I then chose a couple of earthy colours for my background from Art By Marlene in Tuscan & Tobacco.
And then a little watercolour concentrate from Prima.



You can see how I added the colours in the video. Then I added some texture with some modeling paste. I grabbed a sheet of the Stamperia collectables paper and tore what I needed and then blended it into the tag background with more paint and some rubons. 



Once the background was complete, I chose what I needed to decorate the front. I knew I wanted to use butterflies especially since I had this beautiful resin butterfly from Kylie. So I made this my centre focus. I painted it in a couple of Stamperia colour gels, Gold Dew & Star Blue.



I fussy cut some of the butterflies from the same collectables paper pad and then to make it look like one of those butterfly display boxes you see at the museum, stamped with Tim Holtz Field Notes to add the Fig.1 ect next to each butterfly.



I flicked with remaining ink and a few matching Prima watercolour concentrates.

I hope you enjoy the process video which shows how it all comes together.



Stay safe and Happy Crafting.
Em xx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment