Tuesday 1 March 2022

Frayed by Tracey B

 hi everyone, back for more crafting with another glorious Moodsketch.



I was first drawn to the feathers but struggled to identify the picture in the top right (it's someone wearing a unicorn onesie - thanks Del!).   That was enough to get me stated and I chose a photo of me all wired up for a sleep study.


I started by googling feather quotes and found this one which I stamped onto strips of paper and glued to my page.

I then went nuts and collaged on a serviette and some tissue paper including some Dina Wakley collage paper which reminded me of a feather.   It didn't matter to me that I covered the quote - I know it's there.

I then sponged on some Dina Wakley paint (Lapis, Sky, Night & Magenta) through some stencils and basically got into a hot mess so gesso, more sponging, modelling paste, more gesso etc.  

Nope, still a hot mess so onto Plan B.

My would-be background became diecut feathers.   Love these! 



Note: found it much easier to die cut on the wrong side of the paper to stop the paint sticking to the die.  Discovered this after about the 3rd feather :(

 

 I then chose one of my waste pages as my background.   I'm not sure of all the products but the black is 13@rts texture powder mixed with Dina Wakley paint and scraped through an eye chart stencil.   

I traced around my double sided tape with a blue stabilo and used my water pen to activate it.

I had a couple of metal feathers which I stuck to my messy mat using double sided tape (a tip I picked up from Di Garling), coated with gesso, paint and finished by rubbing on some Indian Pink wax.

I roughly created a circle from wire and stapled it over my photos and sewed on some beads and the feathers to create a dream catcher (as if anyone can sleep wired up like that!)

 Added a bird fussy cut from Vicki Boutin Storyteller paper and Heidi Swapp puffy alphas for my title.


here's the finished product

TFL

cheers

Tracey

  



























No comments:

Post a Comment