Saturday 5 March 2022

Chook Apron created by Tracey Thorne

Welcome to another Saturday and I am all fresh and light with this new March Moodsketch. 

Seriously the colours remind me of fairy floss - absolutely delicious. 

So here is the moodsketch 


I've tweaked the sketch part a little so suit my photo sizes... but I've started on a base of white cardstock and to that I have added some Art Alchemy Sparks acrylic paint - Magical Pond. I used a wet brush and watered it down before painting it in three sections on the page. I have then used a TCW stencil and made up a little Vicki Boutin paint - candyfloss with some Liquitex modelling paste. I added this over the shimmery blue. 

 

I was loving the shimmer but the blue wasn't quite right so I pulled out the Vicki Boutin watercolour crayons & chose a vibrant blue and then added this with a thick flat brush. I dabbed the head of the brush with a large amount of colour over the shimmer paint.



I stamped the AALL & Create stamp #396 Sewing Forever onto some tissue and added this as my next layer after finding placement of phots. I have layered the photo on the left with a little cardboard to help it lift of slightly off the page. I used the AALL & Create stamp #392 to help join the tissue paper elements to the page.


Adding the embellishments - I have then added a little torn Cocoa Vanilla -Love Always- Class Act printed paper around the outer edges of the photos. I have used some Crate - Maggie Holmes sticky notes layered at the top and the bottom of the page. Cocoa Vanilla -  Endless Summer puffy stickers were added in various spots to enhance the pink/peach theme of the moodboard. Finally a few floral elements from the Cocoa Vanilla -Love Always ephemera pack were added. I have used a darker shade of pink for the title using American Crafts fabric Thickers.

 

 

I finished off the layout by adding a few dots using a Viva LasVegas and Ranger Ink in black. A little pink cotton around the corners also helped soften the layout.


Thanks for popping by - have fun creating with this months' MoodSketch















No comments:

Post a Comment